Software industry changes every day and we testers are also part of this industry if we wont improve our self then some one else better than us will take our place learning is a never ending story we tester must also adapt this and i emphasis on continuous learning with hard work.Below are some points which i would like to mention
1. Always do lots of searching regarding new concepts new ideas new ways in field of QA and testing .
2. Try to find a new topic or a new skill which is practiced in industry but not in your company and then work on that skill and learn it.
3. After learning a new skill don't just sit back practice it in your company and show your seniors what benefits we will get .
4. Utilize your free time properly try to read tech books try to participate on online forums solve other peoples problems discuss as much you can .
5. Discuss things with your colleagues tell them how can you help them in their task like e.g you know load testing tell and your developer is unsure how his new functionality will perform when multiple user will access you can help him and this will improve your effectiveness in company
6. Never Give up learning new things is not a piece of cake you will face many hurdles many failures but you should never give up.